09-01 (January 14th) Meeting report
1) 15 HAMs attended the January 14th meeting.
2) We have $1687.88 in the bank account.
3) NETS. The 2M net is running well Monday Mornings. Dave VE3GTM has been concentrating on using VE3ERX. The 80M net runs on Sundays. Paul VA3PC is getting generally 8-10 checkins.
4) Repeaters. Both are working. Paul VA3PC is going to add a circulator to VE3NFM in the spring in an attempt to get rid of some of the noise that sneaks in. The APRS digi is working well and now that Bill's VA3SPT internet problems have been fixed the I-Gate is back up and running. The IRLP/Echolink set-up is running well.
5) ARES. Not much is happening over the winter. The trailer is still in Bill's VA3SPT driveway. VA3SPT, VA3PC, VA3DLJ, VE3XKB and VE3MAF attended the city CEMPC meeting january 15th 2009.
6) The next major hamfest is Durham April 18th 2009. A bunch of us are planning to attend.
7) The Corbeil Contest Club (CCC) didn't run the Rac Winter Contest this year due to scheduling conflicts.
8) RAC is actively trying to counter the proposed new legislation re cell phone use in vehicles.
9) The CHRISTMAS Dinner was another success. We donated $175.00 to the Santa Fund.
10) Bill VA3SPT is still taking orders for the reflective safety vests. $20.00 each and call Bill.
11) Bruce VA3BDR is still working on our constitution.
12) We had correspondance re the MS Walkathon. They are looking to get us back again. We had an e-mail re CANWARN Training in Sudbury again. Saturday April 25th 2009 0930-1200 in Azilda. We are getting a group together to go over. Bruve VA3BDR is taking a list. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org .
13) Looks like it is going to be a busy season. We have 7 events already.
14) Paul VA3PC is playing with a new program. He has set-up an NBARC website and he is looking at replacing the YAHOO Group site as some people have trouble with the YAHOO site. Right at the moment it is on test but in the spring he is planning on moving it over to his main server. He needs a software upgrade first. Take a look at www.ciinet.org/test and try it out. He is hoping that people will use their callsign as their username as it makes easier reading. Log in and he will authorize you (if you have been good). I will be adding this report to the site as well.
OUR FEBRUARY MEETING IS NEXT WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 11TH 2009 1930 AT THE FIRE HALL ON BASE. COME IN THE DOOR MARKED BAYSAR. PARKING ACROSS THE STREET.
IT IS A SHOW AND TELL MEETING SO I HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR PROJECT READY.
Unfortunately I won't be there as my boss wants my body at work.
BILL/PAUL please pick up the key.